Jack Layton playing air guitar with his cane
Stolen Moments Jazz got its' start playing in local Vancouver restaurants in the late 1980's providing background music and helping to enhance the venue's ambience. Catching the eye of inquisitive patrons, private and public functions were booked and eventually became more and more frequent. It was then that we realized that our niche was not just playing in restaurants and we decided to market ourselves to a wider spectrum of potential clientele.
Stolen Moments Jazz then started playing for Weddings, Wine tastings, Birthday Parties, Corporate Events etc. and it soon became apparent that our style of music, professional look, attitude and reliability made us a very popular choice for those discerning folk that wanted to add that perfect “extra something” to their event.
Stolen Moments Jazz has had the pleasure of being involved in playing for some fantastic parties, emotional weddings and at some amazing out of the way destination venues. We continue to provide courteous service on a musical level with our clients' and their guests' pleasure being the primary objective of our group.
Some of the more notable performances that we have been involved in:
· Millennium New Years at Hycroft Manor where we played to a sold out crowd.
· A private performance at the top of Whistler Mountain with Barry Shaw, a fantastic vocalist (previously associated with Michael Buble).
· Playing a reception and dinner for Becky Scott; Canada's Gold Medal Winner in Cross Country Skiing at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Games.
· Playing at “German Haus” in Vancouver and Whistler for the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games.
· Playing for a private birthday party in a beautiful West Vancouver mansion where Umberto Menghi was the Chef and Sarah McLachlan made a surprise appearance and played an unforgettable private concert. She asked us to join her for the last song of the evening, which was a great honour.
· Playing for the opening of the new luxury town home development “River Green” beside the Richmond Olympic Oval where we had the privilege of meeting the 3 Canadian Olympic Gold Medal Team Pursuit Speed Skating Athletes.
Check out our Facebook page! STOLEN MOMENTS JAZZ